The Roadmap to Higher Performance – our unique programme for improving business performance.
Our strategic approach is designed to transform you business into a leaner, fitter and more profitable organisation. It comes in four parts and you are welcome to download the overview documents below:
For information about our free workbook please click here
Business Challenge Mapping
Sets out your business vision and values – what you want to achieve and how.
- Identifies your highest priority objectives
- Defines the critical success factors necessary to achieve them
- Ensures that conditions essential for success are clearly understood
Organisation Fit for Purpose
Builds systems and processes that help you take advantage of your position in the market place, as well as overcome potential obstacles and pitfalls. We do this by identifying:
- The roles needed to effectively manage your business’s current and future needs
- The skills and experiences necessary to fulfill these roles effectively
- Which roles need to be full-time, part-time or could be outsourced completely, or in part
Cuts out unnecessary resources and paperwork that clog up your business, thereby increasing efficiency.
- Maps each stage of every management and administration system to identify those that add value and those which are simply a costly waste
- Clearly identifies what actions need be taken to improve performance and reduce costs
An Engaged Workforce
Develops an environment where employees enjoy their work and contribute more productively to the business. We do this by:
- Defining the specific skills and knowledge your people must have in order to deliver higher performance
- Aligning the development of people with the development of processes
- Identifying cost-effective approaches to development, making use of relevant work-based learning opportunities
- Providing effective performance management
Assessing the ROI of Training
The evaluation of training is inherently believed to be a good thing. But, because short term priorities always crowd out their longer term competitors, it’s typically something we plan to do better next year. In this guide you’ll find information on:
- Assessing the ROI of training.
- Forecasting and measuring costs.
- Forecasting and measuring benefits.
- Calculating return on investment.
- Making ROI work for you.